Test SQL Server Failover
- From the Jumpserver launch SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to the SQL Server FCI using -SQL
- Right click on Databases, and select New Database. Enter the Database name demo and click OK
Click on New Query paste this T-SQL script into the Query window and click Execute, the results should be similar to below.
SELECT * FROM demo.dbo.sysobjects
- Launch the Failover Cluster Manager tool, within the Administrative Tools:
- Select Roles, right click on SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and select Move and the Select Node. Note Owner Node is EC2SQL1
- After the Failover completes and status is Running observe the Owner Node is now EC2SQL2
- Return to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and click Execute again. You will observe that Failover has occured and data is still returning.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a SQL Server Failover Cluster on Amazon FSx for Windows
Thank you for participating in this workshop!